Consider my mind blown. Kayla chose me for one of her Liebster Blogs. It's a way to recognize blogs that have fewer than 200 followers on GFC. Thank you, Kayla! Here are the 11 questions she set for me...
1. Look back 5 years ago. Is your life what you thought it would be? Why?
No. My life is very different than I thought it would be 5 years ago. Why? That's a tough thing to put into words. In 2007 I was flailing. I felt like I was sinking as a parent and falling short as a spouse. My job was stressful. I was a mess. I set myself up for failure every single day because of the unrealistic expectations in my head. Over the last five years, I have made a lot of changes in my life and feel happier every day.
2. Which cartoon makes you want to go on a shooting spree?
If I'm honest, I'd have to say none. I don't watch cartoons. I am aware of cartoons being on TV while my littles are watching TV, but I don't pay much attention.
3. What was your favorite vacation?
It's a tie. The adventure J and I took to Italy ties with the time we spent backpacking in the Smoky Mountains. Italy was beautiful and wonderful, but being in the mountains cut off from the outside world, was so relaxing.
4. Where is your DREAM vacation spot?
Hmmm. The destination doesn't matter to me. Anywhere I get to go with J and the kids is a dream...even if it's just to Publix one Saturday morning. I've seen some amazing sights over the years. I love to travel. No flight or landmark or hotel was as moving or fullfilling as sitting on a concrete block holding a baby in the heat of Reynosa, Mexico with concrete on my boots and sand in my hair. For me life isn't ever about the destination. Every day experiences have the power to be the best vacation I will ever have.
5. Pumpkin or sweet potato? Dressing or stuffing?
Freak Alert: I like neither pumpkin nor sweet potato. Sorry to alarm you. Dressing. Hands down. Dressing. I could eat my weight in dressing.
6. Favorite subject in high school/ college?
My favorite subject in high school was chemistry. I loved it. There were concrete answers. It was perfect.
In college I was partial to economics.
7. What is your favorite app?
Tweetcaster. Need I say more?
8. Which cartoon character would you like to meet in real life? What would you say to them?
Cinderella. "Gosh, you're animated."
9. If you could jump into a movie, which one would you pick?
Gone with the Wind. Duh. Who wouldn't want to hang out with Scarlett? The clothes. The dreamy Rhett. Or maybe Die Hard. Yippie Ki Yay, mother - shut yo mouth.
10. Are you into college sports? Which team?
I am quasi-interested in college sports. Football only. I root for Alabama and Mississippi State.
11. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
I'm a purist. Vanilla.
Rumor has it that I am supposed to nominate 11 blogs and mete out 11 questions for those bloggers. In no particular order...Drumroll Please...
1. The Splendidly Imperfect Miss M
2. The Chambless Ranch
3. City Girl Gone Ranch Mama
4. White Trash Mama
5. Time Flies When You're Having Fun
6. Married Filing Joint
7. Life with Lori
8. The Accidental Wallflower
9. The Incoherent Ramblings of a Stay at Home Mom
10. Nobody Gave Me the Instruction Booklet
11. Yeah, Sure, Youbetcha
Now for your 11 questions, should you choose to participate:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What came first? The chicken or the egg?
3. What is your favorite book you have ever read?
4. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
5. Would you rather be a tortured genius or a joyful simpleton?
6. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
7. What's the hardest thing you've ever done?
8. Do you believe aliens exist?
9. Who are you voting for and why?
10. If you could have one super power for a day, what would it be and why?
11. Would you break the law to save the life of a loved one?
Alright, guys. The ball is in your court. I apologize for not coming up with better questions. It took me every bit of an hour to copy and paste all the links, so there was absolutely zero brain activity left by the time I got around to drafting the questions. There really should be a 12th question. Should you follow The Enabler and Her Codependents? The answer is hells bells yes.
Keep on keeping on!